Anaerobic Storage Solution
“gas-tight or air-tight”
Totally isolated from surrounding air
….is a tightly closed storage with modified atmospheric gases and humidity condition different than natural atmosphere gases (20.9% oxygen – O2 ; 79% Nitrogen – N2 ; 0.03% Carbon Dioxide –CO2) and humidity.
Anaerobic Storage Principle
- If the organism is sealed in gas tight storage, the ecosystem will be modified.
- Living Organisms respiration causing O2 depletion and gives off CO2.
- High CO2 level kills living insects and suppresses new development.
- Low O2 level prevents myco- and aflatoxins development andchemical oxidation.
- This hermetic condition is kept as long as no gas leak from any opening or permeating through the storage material.
- In warm tropical climates O2 intake by insects is very intensive, therefore O2 depletion and CO2 elevation is very fast.
- Conversely in temperature climates, insects metabolism is much slower, depletion of O2 may be lower than its ingress, and insect control may not be achieved.